Use of Primary School Sports Funding at Mitton Manor Primary School:
The government has provided ring fenced funding to improve the provision of PE and sport in primary schools. The money has provided by the Departments of Health, Education and Culture, Media and Sport.
At Mitton Manor Primary School, we aim to:
How will we meet our aims?
· Specialist coaches will be brought in for areas of the curriculum which will be identified in consultation with parents, teachers and pupils to meet the needs the PE curriculum.
· Resources will be purchased to help implement the new areas of the PE curriculum.
· A specific area on the school’s website dedicated to pupil led reports about the schools sporting activities.
· A review of the school’s vision statement to include reference to physical well-being.
· To consult with pupils, parents and staff regarding their opinion on the direction Physical Education at Mitton Manor should take.
· Intra school (House) competitions will be introduced across the school to increase exposure to competitive sport. Inter school opportunities will be more closely monitored.
What are our expected outcomes?
Information regarding P.E. and School Sports Funding is found below.
At Mitton Manor we want our children to be as active as they can throughout the day to ensure that they lead an Active 30:30 lifestyle. Please find information below about why health and fitness is so important to us at Mitton Manor Primary School